Coronavirus remains an ongoing risk despite the Government changing restrictions and will continue to be a real risk to us all for the foreseeable future.
We need to continue to do everything we can to protect the vulnerable members of the community and protect your surgery team so that we can continue to offer you an effective service.
Therefore for the foreseeable future the vast majority of appointments will continue to be via telephone or video.
The only exceptions are when an intervention is essential for your care. This would be for a physical intervention such as a dressing, injection or smear test or if a doctor or nurse has decided that a face-to-face assessment is essential in order to make a key decision on the next appropriate step in your care.
Using telephone consultations instead of face to face consultations is an important part of reducing the numbers attending the surgery and thereby reducing the risk of virus transmission and keeping the surgery as safe as possible for those who need to attend.
The safety of our patients remains a key priority, so we will continue to do what is necessary to achieve the right balance between keeping you away from the surgery and asking you to attend.
Please continue to work with us so that together we can all stay safe.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Helpful advice for when visiting the practice
When visiting the practice for routine care it is important that you follow the guidance below to protect you and others:
- Please attend alone unless you need physical support.
- Please do not enter the foyer when it is empty.
- Please speak clearly to the receptionist via the intercom on the left of the foyer before entry.
- Please comply with the Covid symptom screening which will always take place prior to you being invited to enter the building.
- Wear a face covering.
- Arrive for your appointment on time. To limit the foot fall in the practice please remain in your car/outside until a few minutes before your appointment. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Refrain from using the practice toilets unless absolutely necessary.
- Use the hand gels provided.
- Please do not come to the surgery if you are experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19 including a new continuous cough or a high temperature or loss of/change in smell and taste.